Skip to content
- 1 ½ cups raw sugar
- 2 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tsps. organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice bran oil
- 400 mls coconut cream
- 3 red OR green apples
Cake Topping mixture
- 2 tbsps. almond meal
- 2 tbsps. rolled oats
- 2 tbsps. brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray 30 cm (L) X 23 cm (W) with grease proof paper.
- Place raw sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Place vanilla, oil and coconut cream in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Place almond meal, brown sugar and rolled oats in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside (this is the cake topping mixture).
- Combine the large dry bowl ingredients with the large wet bowl ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour cake mixture into lined baking tray. Spread cake mixture evenly.
- Wash apples, leave skin on, core apples and cut in half. Slice apples thinly.
- Slightly overlap apples over the top of the cake mixture until top of cake is completely covered.
- Sprinkle top of apples with rolled oats, almond meal and brown sugar (cake topping mixture). Gently spray with rice bran oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown or a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.