Remedial massage reduces pain and tension, and assists with the body’s natural healing process.
At East West Natural Medicine Group, we view remedial massage and evidence-based natural medicine as two healing processes that work together for optimal health results and general well-being. We usually find out clients have other issues with their health such as headaches and tension, caused by their medical conditions like stress and anxiety.
Remedial massage therapy works to combat this by focusing on the cause of the pain and discomfort through the use of various techniques such as trigger point therapy and deep tissue massage. This dramatically reduces pain, tension and discomfort.
Our Remedial Massage Therapists specialise in
- Physical pain: Muscle tension and stiffness; back, neck, shoulder, elbow, hip and knee pain.
- Nervous system conditions: Headaches, migraines, and other stress related conditions.
- Syndromes: Myofascial pain syndrome, rotator cuff syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, and plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries: Muscle sprains and strains, sports injuries, and repetitive stress injuries.
What techniques do we use in Remedial Massage?
Our Remedial Massage Therapists use a number of techniques during remedial massage to ease your pain and discomfort. Some techniques are:
- Deep tissue and sports massage
- Swedish massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Muscle energy technique
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Myofascial release
- Stretching and taping
Our remedial, deep tissue & sports treatment sessions
30 minute remedial, deep tissue & sports massage treatments $45
This is usually recommended for the maintenance treatment of a specific body area such as the back, neck, and legs.
60 minute remedial, deep tissue & sports massage treatments $80
This is recommended for a full body remedial, deep tissue or sports massage. The first 5-10 minutes of the treatment is spent assessing your posture, range of motion (for the area of complaint), and if necessary, orthopaedic tests.
90 minute remedial, deep tissue & sports massage treatments $120
We recommend this treatment for a full body remedial, deep tissue or sports massage. The first 5-10 minutes of the treatment is spent assessing your posture, range of motion (for the area of complaint), and if necessary, orthopaedic tests.
Phone bookings ONLY. This treatment is NOT available to book via our on-line booking system
What to expect before your first treatment session
Remedial massage involves assessment as well as treatment. Upon booking for your first treatment session, we will ask you for your health and medication history. This helps us to familiarise ourselves with your specific health requirements. It also helps us to determine what kind of techniques and treatment will be best suited for you.
Are you stiff, sore, or tense? Book your appointment to see our Remedial Massage Therapist today!
Get in touch
- Your Unhealthy Perception of Food Is Sabotaging Your Weight Loss May 21, 2018
- The Reason Why Your PMS Is Driving You Crazy Apr 21, 2018
- 4 Ways to Look After Your Gut Health Mar 21, 2018